St Hugh's Catholic Primary School

0161 962 1852

Park Road, Timperley, Cheshire, WA15 6TQ

‘St Hugh’s is an outstanding Catholic school where members of the school and parish community ensure all receive a warm welcome.’ Denominational Inspection Report March 2019





What do I do if my child is too ill to attend school?

On the first day of any absence, parents are requested to inform school by telephone by There is a dedicated absence line where a message can be left. If a child is to be absent from school on subsequent days, then contact needs to be made with the school office on each day so that the correct code can be entered
into the school register. In addition to the initial telephone call, we ask that all absences must be accounted for and parents are requested to write a letter of explanation to their child’s teacher as soon as he/she is able to return to school.


If your child is likely to be off sick for an extended period (more than 5 days) then please let the school know and we will get in touch to discuss any special arrangements that may be required.


How much are school meals and how do I pay for them?

School dinners cost £2.20 per day (£11.00 per week) and are payable in advance each half-term. The amount due for the following half-term will be published in the last Newsletter before each school holiday.  All payments for school meals to be made using ParentPay.


School meals are free to children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, as well as some older children. Click here to view more information about School Meals.


Where can I buy school uniform?

There is an online Uniform Shop on the PTA Website. Please click here to visit the shop and purchase uniform.



How do I apply for a place at St Hugh’s for my child?

Please click here to view our Admissions Policy and download the Admissions Application form. This needs to be completed and returned to school, together with proof of your address (which needs to be less than 3 months old). You will also need to apply for a place with Trafford Borough Council.

Click here to download a copy of the School Prospectus.


Can I get a printed copy of information held on the school website?

If you require a printed copy of any information held on the school website then please contact the school office. Please note that this excludes photos.