Personal, Social and Health Education
Over the years, St. Hugh’s has developed a range of curricular and cross-curricular opportunities for children to develop in PSHE. These include:
- School councils once a term
- Circle time opportunities
- Yearly drama performances
- School trips
- Guest speakers
- Charity fund raising activities
- Gardening experience
- Involvement with visiting the local community
- After school and weekend sports activities
- Electing pupils for positions of responsibilities
- Residential religious retreats and sports activities
………and many more!
We believe that these experiences enrich the lives of our children and provide them with very many opportunities for personal, social and health education development.
Emotional support at St Hugh's
Trained staff and trained Parish volunteers operate the Rainbows Scheme within the school, for children requiring support to come to terms with a divorce or bereavement.
We also run a Silver SEAL programme and NOVA group to specifically encourage self esteem with targeted children, as well as support certain children through the transition between different Key Stages. These groups are run during school hours with parental agreement.
If you would like your child to be considered for any of these groups, please contact your class teacher, who will be happy to provide you with more information.