Exploring with your child
Here are some key geographical enquiry questions, which you might want to use when talking about places to your child:
- Where is this place?
- What does this place look like?
- What links does it have with other places?
- Who lives there and why?
- What is it like to live there?
- Is the place changing and if so, why?
- Why do people visit this place?
- What journeys do people make?
- What do people do? (occupations, leisure)
- What do you feel about this place?
It’s also useful for your child to have access to a globe or atlas at home and for them to explore places on websites like Google Earth with parental guidance.